Sunday, December 9, 2012

Where I Am...And Where I Want to Be

I seek for inspiration and words of wisdom from all sources--truth is truth wherever it is found, after all. I especially love the inspiring-ly (is that even word?) practical words from one of my favorite people, Donnie. The tweet he posted a few days ago hit me--well, not literally because I don't think tweets can do that, but figuratively it hit me that I'm not where I want to be.

...Which is not a new idea for me, because I've known that for quite some time. I can even tell you all of the reasons why I'm not where I want to be.

However, the why is not really the point, is it? When I focus on problems and talk (and talk and talk and talk...) and make excuses about them, they expand into more problems...like pouring water on a Mogwai (all you'll get are ugly Gremlins). And talking excessively about something has never really been my thing, which is probably why I've been stuck in this Groundhog's Day experience for so long: I haven't known what action to take, so I've just allowed myself to keep keepin' on, knowing all the while that I was needed and I wanted to be elsewhere.

I'm not where I want to be. So, what steps can I take right now to move me in the desired direction? There may be obstacles blocking my way and things I cannot do...but there is also plenty I can do. I'll focus on that (what I can do).

Thanks for the "get your mind right" words of wisdom, Donnie!

No comments:

Post a Comment